Wednesday 16 January 2013

Packing - what a pain in the a$$!!

Dealing with three climates in one trip is rough.  Doing that and keeping your bags below maximum 20kgs makes it even tougher.  Then try packing 12 boxes of Solo bars into the mix.

My solution?  I am going to try to tough it out the cold climates - I am Canadian after all, right??  I am planning to wear a fleece/shell onto the plane and hoping that will be warm enough for Ottawa and waterproof enough for Dublin. 

Here is my Packing List:

Clothes:
2 Short Sleeve Shirts (collared)
1 Golf Shirt
3 Tee Shirts
1 pair of dress pants
2 par of khaki type pants
2 pair of jeans
1 pair of jogging pants
7 pair of underwear
7 pair of socks
3 pairs of shoes
1 fleece
1 jacket

Food
12 boxes of Solo bars
1 jar of Peanut Butter

Entertainment/Technology/Equipment/Supplies
Laptop Computer
Phone
iPod
2 books
travel diary
Padfolio
Camera
Calculator
Wipes



Medication/Toiletries
Malarone (anti-malaria)
Cipro (wide spectrum general anti-biotic)
Bug Spray
Immodium (same use as here)
Ventolin
Towel

Memorabilia
ISCU Shirts
20 CDN flag pins
CDN pencils


ID and Travel Docs
Passport
Travel Medicine Verification
Travel Documentation
Drivers License
Birth Certificate
Money Belt

Anything I would do differently next time?  Try to pack further in advance - jamming last minute items into by bag at 11:30pm when I have to be at the airport at 5am is cutting it a bit fine.

 It will be interesting to see what I'll wish I brought - kitchen sink, perhaps?


No comments:

Post a Comment